Back for Seconds Unique Schticks
By Jose Garcia
Daedalus Back for Seconds, Sourcebook included details of several Unique
schticks for Archetypes. For some reason only one of them made it into the Atlas
printing of the rulebook, the This'll Do schtick for the Everyman Hero. Here
are the other three from the book.
- Masked Avenger, Derring Do: You receive a +3 AV bonus for martial
Arts checks involving heroic movement; leaping, daredevil stunts, swinging
from ropes or chandeliers etc. This is not intended for stunts with attacks
or for dodging; Derring Do is only good for showy maneuvers to get you from
one place to another. You cannot apply the AV to Martial Arts checks to harm
someone or dodge an attack
- To get this schtick during character creation, take 7 skill bonuses
instead of 8. To add this schtick to your already-existing Masked Avenger,
spend 10 Experience points.
- Maverick Cop, Nose for Crime: You get a +2 to Perception for spotting
criminal activity. If you immediatley try to bust the crooks, you can add
the Outcome of your successful check to the AV of your first Attack or dodge.
If you have Hair-Trigger Neck Hairs , its bonuses can be combined with those
of Nose for Crime.
- To get this Schtick during character creation, take 3 skill bonuses
instead of 4. To add this schtick to your already-existing Maverick Cop,
spend 12 Experience points.
- Ninja, Extra Sneaky: When making Intrusion rolls to avoid being seen,
you get +2 to your AV and can make use of cover that others can't. If your
GM is applying Difficulty modifiers to Intrusion checks due to poor cover,
bright lighting , and so forth , your GM should adjust the Difficulty down
by 2 for Ninja's with Extra Sneaky. Note that this only applies to not being
detected - it doesn't help when using Intrusion to pick locks , crack safes,
defeat security systems etc.
- To get this schtick during character creation, take 5 skill bonuses
instead of 6. To add this schtick to your already existing Ninja, spend
12 experience points.